Ask anyone who has jumped a Pilot and they will tell you the openings are the best you can get, it is fun to fly and easy to land. Since its introduction the Pilot has charmed beginners and experienced jumpers alike. Whether your cup of tea is a conventional approach or a little more playful, the Pilot will surprise you with its stable flight, responsive turns and comfortable flare. This canopy can really do it all.
With a lighter wing loading the Pilot is the ideal choice for those who downsize after initial training and buy their first canopy. Increase the wing loading and the Pilot becomes the favorite companion of the more experienced skydiver who enjoys the higher performance and faster turns it can produce. Canopy piloting schools recommend the Pilot for their training courses, because it is reliable and versatile at the same time.
Whether you deploy following RW or a wing suit flight, with a camera mounted on your helmet or a weight belt around the waist, the Pilot will put you in the saddle in the most comfortable and reliable way. Dare we say that its name has become synonymous for good opening? Yes, but that is not the entire story, for the Pilot has so much more to offer!
The Pilot is a 9-cell ram-air canopy with top and bottom skins built from zero-porosity fabric for best performance and longevity. The plan form factor of 6.6 and the relatively short lines make it quite responsive to turn input, without becoming radical.
– The new standard in versatility.
– Comes standard with 725 lbs. Spectra lines, soft links and a slider with new “lightweight” stainless steel grommets.
– Made of zero-p fabric for ultimate performance and longevity.
– Color coded line attachments for easier PRO packing.
– Easy to control in all flight modes.
– Designed by pilots for pilots.
– Moderate “planform factor” provides excellent turn response without excessive oversteer.